This class is designed to be taken while pregnant. All the basics you need to know from birth through the first 6 months of life are covered.
* Birth and the postpartum bonding period
* The importance of skin to skin
* Proper latching techniques
* Getting and maintaining a proper milk supply
* Avoiding common "booby traps"
* When/if to introduce bottles and pacifiers
* When/if to pump and how to get started
* Roles for the support person in a breastfeeding relationship
This class is $55 and is taught by Jenn Sullivan, CBS. Partner or support person is encouraged to attend and is included in the cost. Private classes are also available for $160 in store or $200 in home (very limited times available for in-home).
Due to classes filling up, completion of the form below and a non-refundable deposit of $20 is required to hold your spot.
Saturday, July 14; 12:30-2:30pm in Poughkeepsie
Saturday, August 18; 12:30-2:30pm in Poughkeepsie
Saturday, October 20; 12:30-2:30pm in Poughkeepsie
Saturday, December 15; 12:30-2:30pm in Poughkeepsie
This class is also offered as part of our comprehensive, 3 part Birth Essentials Childbirth Education Series.
To register for either the class or series please complete the form below. For more information, contact Jenn Sullivan, CBS via email email@example.com or by phone at 845-240-8399. Deposit for the class is non-refundable.