Birth Prep 101
This class has everything that you could want – packed into 6 entertaining hours. We have taken the questions you may want to know about your baby’s birth and streamlined it to fit today’s busy couple’s schedule. Our expert childbirth educator, Amanda Winters, RN, HCHI, has taken the best information in her 10 year (1000 + births experience) journey and compiled it into be the best education new parents can get.
This class is founded on the belief that birth is a perfectly normal process that requires little to no interference. It is also founded on the belief that should an intervention be required during your birth journey that you should have all the information available to make the best decision for your new family unit.
Things we discuss:
- Your birth setting (home, hospital, birth center)
- How to Work with your Provider to get the best experience
- Positioning and movement during labor and birth
- Birth Partner’s Role
- Creating a Safe Space for Mom/advocating (Birth Partner Focused)
- Preparing for Birth (vaginal and cesarean section)
- How do I know if I’m in labor? What do I do?
- When is the best time to head to the hospital
- Pain medications, options for comfort, and of course The Epidural
- How to write an effective birth plan
We know that 6 hours is a lot of time. We have managed for several years to effectively teach this class with built in breaks. Amanda is a very engaging instructor that will keep you on your toes. Bring some snacks, a water bottle, and pillows to assist with comfortable positioning in class. The time will fly by and you will leave feeling so much more ready to meet your baby!
The cost of this class is $160 and is located at Waddle n Swaddle, Poughkeepsie.
Saturday, June 2; 12:30-6:30pm Class is full
Saturday, August 4; 12:30-6:30pm
Saturday, October 6; 12:30-6:30pm
Saturday, December 1; 12:30-6:30pm
This class is also offered as part of our comprehensive, 3 part Birth Essentials Childbirth Education Series.
If need more information about Birth Prep 101, please contact the instructor Amanda Winters, RN, HCHI by phone at 845-264-0392, via email Amanda.Jobe.Winters@gmail.com or visit online at hudsonriverdoulas.net
Birth Prep 101 Deposit