Below the Bump
This is an interactive class focusing on pelvic health as it pertains to your pregnancy, delivery and thereafter.
The topics to be discussed are:
- pelvic floor anatomy and its function
- common pre/post natal pelvic floor dysfunctions
- proper activation and relaxation techniques for the pelvic floor
- how to effectively "push" your baby out and optimize your labor/delivery experience
- functional training exercises that you can begin today to help prepare you for labor/delivery - pelvic mobility exercises to optimize fetal positioning in preparation for birth
You will learn self care strategies to protect your pelvic floor musculature and how to safely begin your recovery in the immediate post natal period. This class will be interactive as we will practice proper postures for sitting, standing and functional movements such as lifting which you will all be doing a lot of with your new baby. I will also share and teach some of my favorite functional prenatal exercises to strengthen your arms,core and pelvic floor all at once...its not just your boring kegels.
2 hr class $85/person at our Poughkeepsie location.
Saturday, January 28, 2017; 10-12pm
Saturday, April 22, 2017; 10-12pm
Saturday, July 22, 2017; 12:30-2:30pm
Saturday, October 28, 2017; 12:30-2:30pm
To register or for more information, you can complete the form below, or call or email Dr. Ashley Hocutt
For more information:
Please refer to www.ashleyhocuttpt.com for more information such as diagnoses treated, physical therapy direct access (not needing a physician's referral) and how to receive out-of-network insurance reimbursement.
This class takes place at our Poughkeepsie location
32 Raymond Avenue
Poughkeepsie, NY 12603